What is Device Manager?
Thanks to Device Manager, you manage and safeguard the mobile devices of your employees remotely on a platform. Also you give your employees’ smartphones and tablets access to your company data in a safe and secure manner.
What can I do with Device Manager?
Controlling business applications
Set up your own company app store and determine which in-house and public apps to give your colleagues access to.
Managing business applications
Install, update and remove company apps whenever and wherever you like.
Monitoring and support
Monitor the usage of a smartphone and check the status of your fleet at any given time.
Protection of business information
In case of theft or loss mobile devices can be blocked, company information can be deleted and the mobile device can be blocked remotely.
What are the devices and operating systems supported by Device Manager?
- Android OS version 8.0 and above. Please check the following link for the complete list of supported Android devices: https://androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/devices/
- iOS version 5.0 and above
What about privacy of the end user?
- First of all it is important to have an open communication with the employees. During the enrolment process, all impacts are explained.
- The localization of the device is only possible by the end user in the self-service or by the admin after declaration of the end user that the device is stolen or lost.
- The admin has no view on content.
What about battery impact?
Device Manager has very limited impact on the battery usage (heartbeat every 6h).