To avoid unpleasant surprises Blocking Solutions blocks access to the services of your choice, free of charge:
- Sending and receiving premium SMS and MMS messages linked to games on TV (61xx numbers).
- Sending and receiving premium SMS and MMS messages linked to leisure activities, games, logos and ringtones (5xxx/6xxx numbers and 9500 through 9999).
- Sending and receiving all premium SMS and MMS messages (except 1xxx and 8xxx).
- Sending and receiving premium SMS and MMS messages (except 1xxx and 8xxx as well as 2xxx/3xxx/4xxx linked to parking facilities in some municipalities, etc.).
- All calls to premium 090 numbers.
- Sending and receiving all premium SMS and MMS messages with +18 content.
- Access to the +18 section of Orange’s mobile portal.
This service is free. Feel free to contact us to activate this service.
Orange, Proximus and Base have established a code of conduct for the management of multimedia services by third parties. This code stipulates you can unsubscribe from a service at any given time by sending the word ‘STOP’ to the abbreviated number in question.
Call 5995 to block a service. Please note that blocking such a number prevents mobile payment of your bus, tram and parking tickets as well as other services.
Important: The Ethics Commission for Telecommunications monitors the proper use of premium numbers (e.g. 0900 or 070 numbers and text messages to a 4-digit number starting with 3, 4, 7 or 9). The Ethics Commission investigates on its own initiative or in response to complaints lodged for non-compliance with the Ethics Code for Telecommunications. Complaints can be submitted to the Ethics Commission secretariat (Ellipse Building - Building C - Koning Albert II laan 35 - 1030 Brussels). The complaint is presented to the Ethics Commission if the problem could not be solved through mediation of the operator. The Ethics Commission can also look into a complaint lodged with the Office of the Ombudsman for Telecommunications if the mediation of the Office of the Ombudsman for Telecommunications failed to yield a satisfying result for the plaintiff. More information on the Ethics Commission and its activities
Click here for more details on the Ethics Commission and its activities